Monday, December 31, 2007

For Christopher on his Chemo Day

Today is round 14 of chemo for Christopher and on Chemo days he packs up his backpack with lunch, a few snacks, his computer and a movie to help pass the time. One of his past times is reading our blog; it's like a mini peep talk. So today, is for you my Christopher.

About a month ago I watched "As Good As It Gets". If you remember that's the movie with the famous line, "you make me want to be a better man." And it got me thinking - what compliment could I give you. So I started to make a list of what it would need to say, it would need to be sencere, heart felt and most of all I would want you to remember how much it meant to me. Well while several things came to mind; nothing could be summed up by in one phrase or sentance.

So here is what I got:

Christopher you're an inspiration to me and those around you. In the face of something scary and unknowing of what lies ahead you look at the situation with hope, life and a sense of humor. In the worst of times you have always made me laugh, because you know that laughter is the heart of joy and good endorphins.

I love how every night you come home after Ethan has gone to sleep and you "check on him". No matter how tired you might be, you climb the stairs and check on our baby boy.

Most of all, I love how you look at the good in life. No matter what the odds you always find a way to make "lemonade". It warms my heart when a day has gone all wrong - you are there to see the not only the good in things, but remind me that all things happen for a reason and some how turn it into a peep talk for hope for our future.

I guess what I am trying to say is, you inspire people to be stronger in their lives. You show them there is a different way to look at things - other than doom and gloom and I watch people in "aww" of this and all I can say to them is, "Yes, he's great man and I'm proud he's my husband."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you made me cry. The three of you are such a great family and a great inspiration for other families. We are so very proud to call the three of you family, we feel forever blessed that you are all a part of our lives. And yes, Chris, we stand in awe of you and your outlook on life. You touch everyone simply with your smile.

We love you guys to the moon and back! And we miss you all twice that!

Love,
Amber, Marcus, and Addison

Devine Photography said...

Denise,
Stopped by today to check in on Christopher and so glad to hear things are still going so smoothly (although not surprised at all). You are an amazing family and I wish we could bottle up your attitude and give it away...the world would be a better place. Always thinking of you guys,]
Deanna (your photographer)