Thursday, May 8, 2008

One Year Ago

About this time a year ago, it all started with a twinge in Christopher's side. Which lead to one doctor telling him he thought he had gall stones to "Oh good news, no stones - just cancer."

It's hard to think that one year ago about this time, we went from thinking - "when should we have baby number two" to "when is your next CT Scan"? I could say that our lives will never the same, but then again if I could go back in time, I don't think I would change anything (except maybe catching this a little earlier than we did). But life, while we have had our ups and downs, has been good to us. Dealing with Cancer has brought our family closer together.

In the worst of time I thank God for what he has given us - I thank God for the bringing our family closer together, through cancer.

On another note, Christopher had another round of Chemo on Tuesday and the Dr said that his red blood count went down a little, but nothing so low they have to change anything. The next CT scan will be on May 13th - so every one pray for us. At the last scan in Feb. we were told the cancer shrank about 35% overall - I'm hoping for that number to go up to 40%. I'll post the results as soon as we have them, but sometimes they make us wait a week for them.

No comments: