Friday, January 30, 2009

Bring It On

This morning on the way into work I was listening to a song that sorta hit home. It's about a woman in life that keeps getting pushed down, but always finds the strength to stand back up on her own two feet and face the world again.

This was sorta my peep talk for the day. Ethan and I have been through allot and there are days where I feel 2 decades older than I am, but no matter what, I stand up each morning ready to face what the world has to offer.

During these economic times when people are losing their jobs; I'm thankful that I have one - but also ready to face the world if I lose mine (no, mum and dad I'm not going to lose my job - it's just a metaphor). The government is trying to pass a stupid (don't me started) stimulus bill - I wrote a letter to my rep, "Just Say NO!" The world is not my enemy, just an outlet for me to show people that change starts with one person saying "This will not bring me down, I will fight for everything that I have."

Christopher taught me about strength. And I come from a long line of people that never gave up when the chips were down or life threw them a rotten hand. Instead they faced the world head on. For all those that taught me it's ok to stand up and face your fears and the world head on, I say to the world...

BRING IT ON!

No comments: