Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lemonade

The old saying is "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade". Well, me, of all people know that making lemonade when life gives you the bitterest of lemons can be a hard act to swallow no matter how much sugary smiles and watered down interest you put into it. Some times it's just rough and you want to scream at the top of your lungs that you give up; make the sour face and crawl in a whole.

So today I went to give my friend (the one who needed prayers for her daddy) some moral support. So Ethan and I packed up some provisions for her and her family and headed downtown. Deanna (my friend) looked tired and the moment I saw her I knew what feelings she was going through. ( I was there not to long ago, trying to help someone I love, seeing them in a state that you don't wish on your own worse enemy.) Life was just throwing one too many lemons....

We talked about Ethan looking more and more like Christopher, what did God have in store for things going on in life, the journey that life - God - the world puts us on and the ups and downs of it all. I let her barrow a book that Christopher's Aunt Vassie gave him when she came down to be with him when he had surgery almost two years ago. It's about hope, love and the miracles they both bring. That book was an inspiration for us when we needed it and I hope it brings them comfort and solace when they read it.

I'm sure Ethan's and my visit was a good distraction to the whirl wind day she and her family had and are having (I hear that her dad is doing really well right now, but he still needs your prayers - there is a long recovery ahead of him.) Please continue to pray for this family, let your prayers also be for the strength they need to live strong through this journey.

No comments: