Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Love

To my dearest love; Christopher,

Saturday would have been your 34th birthday. I woke up that morning thinking about you and went to bed thinking about you. Your memories filled my thoughts constantly throughout the day. I find it strange that your birthday was the 6month marker for your services - it was like you always planned it that way. But then again you always did have your way when it came to certain things-especially when it held a symbolic meaning.

To say I miss you is an understatement, to say that my love has grown leaps and bounds for you in these 6 months would be a gross trivialization of the truth and to say that this can only get easier.... it will never get easy, I just learn how to live with the situation a litter better as time goes on.

In thinking about you Saturday - I heard a song. I felt like you brought this song to me (because Lord knows I don't listen to this person). I have always felt you there when I have needed you the most and I know you will be here for Ethan and I, now and in the future when we need you and for that I love you...always and unconditionally.

You always told me that it's not about the storm - but rather how we weather the rain. So to say this song is like you speaking me... well I get it...

"There will always be another mountain, I am always going to want to make it move, Always going to be an uphill battle, Sometimes I'm going to have to lose, It's not about how fast I get there or what's on the other side. It's about the climb...."

Happy Birthday My Love.


Lyrics | Miley Cyrus lyrics - The Climb lyrics

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I was thinking about you and Christopher all week as well. I am glad your parents were with you this weekend. I thought about this on Friday and it seemed so appropriate- it's what my church growing up used to say every Sunday for the birthdays in the congregation (yes, we celebrated birthdays in church, odd, I know.) Anyway-

Many happy returns on the day of your birth.
May sunshine and gladness be given,
and may the dear Father prepare you on Earth for a beautiful birthday in Heaven.

I know he celebrated more than he ever has before- and I know he was watching down on you the whole time wishing you could be by his side. One day.
hugs- L