Friday, April 3, 2009

Ethan's Bill

For sometime I have rolled around this idea in my head that for awhile I thought it was more of a fleating random thought of conciousness; but it's not. This idea has been growing in my head and it's now to the point where I need to do something with it - I feel drawn to this path.

It's call it "Ethan's Bill" and it's a bill that I would like to try and get passed in congress. I know this is a huge undertaking, but I feel like this is something that I need to do (at the very least try to get people aware of it). The bill would state if a child's blood parent is diagnosed with any form of cancer before the child is of age 21, genetic testing can be done to find out the risk for the child to have the cancer gene and if it is found that the child does have the gene to be pre-deposed to cancer then 1 - insurance can't say it's preexisting if cancer is found later in life and 2 - routine testing for that child be covered under insurance no matter the age. I'm sure there would be more to the bill, but for now that's the bare bones of it all.

Again, I know this is a HUGE undertaking, but it's something I feel drawn to do. Does anyone out there have any insight on how I would get this started - are their forms? Or if anyone knows anyone that I could talk to about this?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! I so loudly applaud you for thinking of this and having the courage to get it going. I have several lawyer friends so I will poke around and see what I can come up with.