Monday, April 12, 2010

A Year & Half Later

Today marks 18 months from Christopher's passing and for one of the first times in a long time; I can't say that it only feels like a month ago. To be honest it feels at times like it's been five years. I often find my self looking at pictures of him around the house and thinking back to when the photo was taken - it seems so long ago. Even longer when I try to think back to a time when there was no cancer (or at least that we knew of at the time).

The 18th this month marks what would have been Christopher's 35th birthday and like in good ole "d" form there will be a post in the form of a letter to him on that day. So for today I just want to keep this little post brief; trust me there is nice long one in the works coming soon. But for now; I'm keeping it simple. 18 months today I lost the man I love to cancer, but in his death I choose to find meaning and hope that he is in a better place with no pain, no cancer and most of all filled with light and love. And that gives me a peace that warms my heart from the inside out.


No comments: