Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Great Start to Our Weekend

This has been one world wind of a week for Christopher and I. My work is picking up with several new projects on the horizon and Christopher is scheduling all of his CT scans and blood work for the month of August. And to top it all off, Ethan has gotten three molars to break through this week (and yes, he's let us know all about them) - this makes a total of 11 teeth for him!

As part of our chemo routine we try to do something fun the weekend before a treatment and this weekend was perfect, we celebrated with our neighbor's, their little girl's birthday. Ashley tuned the big number one and we couldn't be happier for her as she crosses this huge milestone in her life. Christopher and I like to joke to our selves that she's Ethan's girlfriend only because at his party, he followed her around every where - and I even think he tried to give her his toys (yep, I think he's smitten with her; however, as you can see from the photos - WHO WOULDN'T BE!) This was the first time Ethan was around more than the six children he plays with at day care and while he loved running around Marc & Lauren's house exploring his new surroundings and friends; he tuckered out rather quickly from all the excitement.

I have to share with you all something rather touching. After we showed up, Ashley's mummy, Lauren, introduced us to her Mom and the first words out of her mouth were, "Give me hug!" She was so full of love and life and shared with us how she prays for us and asks Lauren all the time how we are doing. I know I must have stood there with my mouth open and nothing coming out, it was so amazing to see someone who only knows us by a story and a possible finger point, "they live there on the corner," could care so much about us and the journey we are on.

I know I go on about how amazing people are, but you all are. Everyone we know touches us in so many different ways that I could go on FOREVER about it. We are so blessed to have our friends, neighbors and those that extend their hearts out to us in our lives. Thank you everyone from the bottom of our hearts.

The situation reminded me of a few lines in Nickleback's If Everyone Cared:
And as we lie beneath the stars
We realize how small we are
If they could love like you and me
Imagine what the world could be
Amen, I'm alive

And of course I couldn't keep the camera at home, here are some of the photos from Ashley's par'ta!

Her very own number one cake!



The birthday girl showing everyone how eating cake should be done!


Ethan and Reese enjoying the fun (look ma' it's in color! - sorry inside joke between me and my mother).


Ashley getting some birthday girl reading time from the boys!


And this little guy was too cute not to snap a few of him!


The birthday girl!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

What a treat to read this! Thank you for your kind words. :) You took some awesome pics (as usual!) and hey, I like the B&W look!! (Marc says the same thing about color.) Anyway, we love you guys- glad we could help you jump start your family fun weekend!