Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Chemo Round: VIII

Today is another day of chemo and it's hard to believe that this has become a part of our everyday lives. On chemo days we get up, I get ready for work and Christopher gets ready for chemo; he picks out a buttoned downed shirt to make getting the IV in easier, he packs a lunch made up of a sandwich, fruit and veggies, I leave for work and he leaves to take Ethan to the sitter, then on his way to chemo.

Where he goes to get his chemo is right down the street from where I work and the whole time I am at work I look up at the clock and think, 9:20 - he's giving blood right about now, 10:15 - he must be meeting with Dr. Kirby, 11:30 - right now I'm sure they are hooking him up to his IV and should be call me in a few, 12pm - I get my phone call and all is right with the world again. The first words out of my mouth are always, "what did Dr. Kirby say", and it's always depressing though to hear - "same thing as last time" or "nothing really new".

Right now everyone is on pins and needles waiting for the CT scan. I think since there was so much shrinkage the first time it has made everyone nervous, "can it shrink that much again?" So all we can do is wait and see. Only a week to go till the scan and a day or two after to get the results. Please keep us in your prayers.

Now for the new training Christopher will be doing this week at his job - he gets to learn pantry and the to go stations. Now one might ask what all this entails, well I have no clue! We'll just leave that one to the experts. :}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.