Tuesday, October 16, 2007

CT Scan Results

Last night was a hard night for both Christopher and I to fall a sleep. Our minds wandered back and forth with anticipation and expectation of what this next CT scan would bring us - would it be as great as last time or would we be shocked and dismayed? We talked about our feelings and both agreed than anything but growth of the cancer would make us happy.

At 4:20pm today Christopher called me and told me that he just got off the phone with the doctor's office; then there was a long pause. I think my exact words were, "Christopher spit it out. Just tell me." There was a another pause and then he said, "well...", another pause.

At that point I was ready to just jump through the phone and he said, "it shrank, not as much as the first time, but it did shrink again!" My first thought was - "oh thank you Lord," my next thought was, "Lord forgive me for the evil thoughts I am about to lay into my husband for making think the worst."

The last time Christopher had his CEA markers tested is was at 922 (down from the 3316 points he started at), today his markers were at 683! The doctor tells us that over all the cancer on his liver has shrunk 20% since he started chemo back in July and to our shock - we were told that in one nurses years of chemo and cancer work he has never seen a cancer shrink with this much vigor. And be honest I owe it all to you, for your prayers and good thoughts that fill our lives. Thank you all again!

So we keep moving on the chemo, healthy eating, prayer, support and the rainbow of herbal vitamins he takes daily. Every scan of shrinkage is a battle won - next scan in 2 months (right around the holidays). Keep us in your thoughts!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Woohoo! That's the best birthday present I have gotten! I am so happy that it is all working. :)

Anonymous said...

Chris and Denise...Marcus and I are so thrilled and know that if anyone in this world can beat this, its the two of you. You are both such an inspiration in our lives. We know that Ethan is VERY proud of his Daddy, and that Addison is EXTREMELY proud of her Uncle Chris. Keep up the good work. We love you all VERY MUCH!