Monday, May 24, 2010

Opening up to Questions

I'm in the mist of two rather long blog post right now that I'm hoping to get up very soon. However, like most of my post, as I write them the thought or my own self-revelation (as you will) changes slightly. Then I end up having to sit back and think even more about what it is that I'm writing about and how it makes me feel. It's a process and one that I don't take too lightly. Everything in this life is a lesson to me right now and I want to make sure I take it in for what and everything it means to me.

Knowing that it might be a few days before I will finish them, I wanted to turn this blog around a little. Those of you who read and comment - it warms my heart. It means the world to me that how Ethan and I travel through this journey touches people in a way that keeps the spirit of Christopher alive and moving forward. So I'm going to try something different. I'm opening this blog up to questions. Feel free to ask me about how I handled the news of Christopher's cancer, ask me if it's ok to be pissed at the world and everything that it holds, ask me what it is that I want in life, ask me for my thoughts on situations from anything: single motherhood, being a cancer care giver, how I handle raising a child who lost a parent, anything goes.

I want to be there for the people who read this blog as much as your comments have been there for me when I needed them. I will try to answer all questions that come and with as much honesty that I can. I won't hold back and sugar coating won't happen, but what will happen is you will know that your not alone. That there is someone else out there who went or is going through the same thing. And maybe through all of that, together we can help find what makes us all live strong.

2 comments:

Carlo said...

I admire so much your courage to open up and let us inside your inmost thoughts and feelings. Christopher, I know today, is happy seeing you and Ethan, and how much as a family you have touched so much lives. Your story have inspired me to go on with life, looking at things more positively. I continue to pray for Christopher, for Ethan and for you.

Abhishek said...

Why do you want to keep writing about Christopher... I know he's inseparable part of you but isn't it the time to let him go... Doesn't he stop you from looking forward to much more that is there to life?

Don't know if I should be asking this but since you opened up to questions I wanted to ask this. I'm a regular reader of your blog and only wish well for you.