Wednesday, July 4, 2007

God is Watching Over Us

Yesterday Christopher had his first round of chemo and I have to say that God is watching over us! Christopher did so well!

He went in at 9:15am and met with his doctor. He was told that the cancer has not grown in size since the last time he had a CT scan about a month ago - a true blessing! And I have to say that God is listening to all the prayers that everyone is sending our way! After the meeting he started his chemo at 11am.

Christopher IM'd me while he was going through his treatments (they offer wireless Internet to their chemo patients) and he was in good spirits, the only thing he said hurt a little was when they put the IV's in his port because they sprayed his port with a chilly spray that tingled and bothered him a little - but hey that seemed to be the only thing that bothered him! He came home around 3pm and said he felt good, didn't feel ill to his stomach and he wanted a steak.

So when I got home with Ethan, my mom and dad, Christopher, Ethan and I went to Texas Land and Cattle for dinner as a reward for Christopher doing so well through his first round of chemo. (YEA! GO CHRISTOPHER!)

As far as the nausea, the doctor gave him some meds for that and any time he feels a little ill he takes one and then he's fine. He takes them about every 6 hours and has no real side effects with the exception of a little nurapathey (sp) which is where his hands and feet tingle around cold objects.

He is doing so well and I can't thank everyone enough for their thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great news! I miss you guys terribly! I am praying every night and sending TONS of positive energy your way!