Monday, July 16, 2007

Great Way to Start the Week

This past weekend has been marked in our book for months! This was the weekend that Ethan's Nanny (Godmother), Amber came for a visit. We were hoping that her husband Marcus, Ethan's God Father could come too, but we were told that he couldn't due to his flying schedule (he flys for Fed Ex). However, when I went to pick Amber up from the airport, while we were waiting on her bags to come out of baggage claim, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a guy that look a whole like Marcus. And right as I was about to say, "Hey, Am check out the guy arcoss the way," I realized, it WAS MARCUS! It was such a great surprise! Christopher and I couldn't have been any happier that the both of them got to come to Dallas.

And the weekend just got better! On Saturday we went out to Arbor Hills and had some photos taken with Ethan. I have to say, those photos will mean so much to all of us! We had pictures taken of Ethan and Christopher together and Ethan had on his "My dad is my hero" shirt and had I not been acting like a fool tring to make Ethan laugh, I think I might have cried.

Then after some photos it was on the house to make some New Orleans style Red Beans and Rice, mmmmmmm (need I say more?). Then some shoping for Amber to get some things for baby Abney (amber is due in October). We all just had a great time together. It was one of those weekends that you didn't want to end.

It was also a great start to the new week. Today Christopher went in for round 2 of his chemo. I have to say that Christopher amazes me everyday. He's not scared of chemo or what he has to go through. His determiation to beat this is unparallelled to anything that I have seen and you can't help but think - he's going to beat this!

2 comments:

Devine Photography said...

I had so much fun this weekend at our photo session. Ethan of course is just as cute as ever. I love the "vibe" your household has. Sheer determination, faith, and most of all, LOVE. After seeing all of these things through my lens (which doesn't lie!), I too am completely convinced that Christopher will beat this. I have no doubt in my mind!

Sneak peek coming soon, I'm downloading now.

Anonymous said...

God bless your family! I was just coming over from your photo shoot to have a peek at this wonderful family, and it is obvious you are a very strong family. I pray God will give you all the strength and joy you can handle during this time of your lives.