Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Music Feeds the Soul

I find music fascinating, it amazes me how a small group of words can sum up an entire complex emotion that one person can relate to. I know everyone has heard at least one song in their lifetime and thought, you know I "love" that line in the song. Well I do that almost everyday and I have my list of lines that mean something to me in some way, form or fashion.

Today is Christopher's first Chemo day and on my way to work I was listening to radio and a song came on that had several lines in it that struck a cord. While the song is about a realationship that is going bad and the guy is trying to save what is left of it; there are lines that sumed up how I feel about this day, the cancer and the road that Christopher and I are traveling down at the moment.

Lines from Chris Daugherty's - It's Not Over

I was blown away, what could I say,
But it all seemed to make sense.

It was going to take away everything that I can't deal without

I try to see the good things in life,
Can we make this into something good.

Being strong, holding on, we can't let it bring us down.
My life with you means everything, so I won't give up that easily.

We'll blow it away. It's not over.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I hope it all went as well as can be expected today. I have been thinking about y'all and praying hard all day long... please holler if you need anything at all.