Monday, November 10, 2008

The First Weekend Alone

This weekend was the first weekend with no help from friends or family. I will admit that Friday night was a little lonely. After Ethan went to bed I was sitting on the sofa and I heard our neighbors garage door open. My heart skipped a beat - it was right around the time that Christopher would be coming home from work. It was at that point that I deemed it bed time (and bottle of wine time).

Ethan was a little bit of a handful on Saturday, but he was a real trouper on Sunday when we went out to visit Christopher. I cried, but Ethan whipped my tears and tried to pull me away from the grave site. He's such a wise and strong little man. So I put him in the car, said what I needed to say to Christopher and we left to run errands. He was great with the errand running, that is until he thought the dog food we bought was a snack for him. (We then had the talk about dog food is for Dublin and Goldfish are for Ethan - yes we did have that talk and I think he understood because everytime he looked at the bag of dog food he said, "woff woff").

As I roll into week two, I'm getting ready to meet with the people from Journey of Hope (a support group) and trying to get everything worked out with a personal therapist. We will see how this week goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember how I came across your blog. I've been reading for a little while now. Please know that you are in my prayers.