Monday, November 3, 2008

My New Normal?

Today, I went back to work. Even with a cold (or flu - what ever this is that has me hacking up grossness). Today I claimed my new normal, a morning of getting ready for work, getting Ethan ready for daycare, then getting us both to our respective places for the day.

The morning was easy, but then again it's just day one. So far at work no one has really said anything to me other than good morning. I think it's the odd feeling of no one really knowing what to say. It's odd, but I think it's more odd for them (my co-workers) than for me. I enjoy being alone to my thoughts at the moment. However, everything is different. The way the key board feels under my fingers, the way the office phone rings at my desk, even the way my purse slides under my desk. It's all weird and different, but I guess it's all part of my new normal. Whatever that may be.

2 comments:

jen said...

thinking of you :)

Anonymous said...

D-
You have been such an inspiration to me ever since we met over 12 years ago. And that has never waivered. You are still an inspiration to me in MORE ways then I think you will ever understand. Even though we are not blood, you are my sister, my friend, the Godmother to my unborn child. You will forever have a place in our lives, no matter where we live our how far apart we are. I love you and Ethan very much.

Always.
Am