Thursday, November 20, 2008

The New Routine

Some people have asked how I have handled caring for Ethan full time without any help. And after doing it for three weeks I have to say not much has changed from the old routine, but I would thought I would share with everyone how it has.

In the morning - then:
Normally I would wake up at 7am and get ready for work; out the door by 8am.

In the morning - now:
I get up at 6am and get ready from 6am-7am. At 7am I wake up Ethan, change him and give him some breakfast (some mornings there is time for a small coloring session). I do have to worry about my clothes, my pants seem to be a nice spot for Ethan to wipe his nose or draw on me with crayon. But I figure; "hey what ever, people know I have a child and if they can't get over the fact that there's a boogie on my pants then they are not ready to have children."

Then Ethan and I are out the door by 7:45am at the latest to be to the sitters by 8am, so I can be to work by 8:30am.

After work - then:
I leave right at 5:30pm to go pick up Ethan by 6pm. When then drive home and I ask him about his day, if he had fun with his friends and what was the coolest thing he learned today. When we get home it's dinner then bath and in bed by 8:30 so Christopher can tuck him into bed and maybe one bed time story.

After work - now:
I leave right at 5:30pm to go pick up Ethan by 6pm. When then drive home and I ask him about his day, if he had fun with his friends and what was the coolest thing he learned today. When we get home it's dinner then bath and in bed by 8pm.

As you can see the routine has not changed much.

No comments: