Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One Month

One month ago today, Christopher passed away. I can't say it was sudden, I saw the signs and I prepared my self for that time when it came. And while it seems like last week we had his services, it all so seems like months that he's been gone. Such an odd feeling.

Last night I went to a support group for spouses and children whom have lost loved ones. While Ethan is not old enough yet for a group he did have fun in the nursery with other children coloring and watching videos. For me, group was hard and while I can't say what we talked about, just know that I'm the youngest person in my group. It was hard to tell seven strangers about the journey that started almost a year and half ago and how that journey for Christopher has ended.

But one woman at the end of group came up to me and asked if she could give me a hug. That simple gesture meant so much. All in all, I did feel at peace with what I shared and I felt as if as I was leaving, Christopher was there whispering in my ear, "that's my girl, I'm proud of you, good job."

1 comment:

jen said...

hugs - from a stranger (: