Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Doing Things Twice

Today when I got into work there was a package in my chair; a little white box addressed to Ms Denise A Seibert. I looked at this little white box in my chair and took a deep breathe. It's my new calendar for 2010.

Shortly after Christopher passed away I had to order my calendar for 2009 and I remember when it came in flipping through all the dates in this little brown book - how was I going to do this. How was I going to make it through this year? I wrote down all my important dates in it, closed it and prayed that time go easy on me. Before I knew it, Thanksgiving had passed, Christmas was a fleeting memory, new years was akward, and the rest of the year has seem to blow by.

Today was the first time I did something twice. I pulled out this little brown book and this morning filled it with all the important dates for 2010. I scanned through the dates, but this time instead of thinking how I was going to do this, I thought, "I did it once - I can do it again". I closed the book and put it aside, there were no prayers for time to be easy on me. Don't get me wrong, this new year will not be an old hat and I still know that I will have my ups and downs. But I have a feeling about 2010 - this will be my year. My year for something, I don't know what, but I know in my heart things have to start swinging in my direction. It's the laws of physics right?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Agreed- Bring it on! :)