Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In all things there is hope.

Recently I reconnected with a girl I worked with at a coffee shop in college. She is a nurse in NY and told me that she knew the path and journey Christopher and I traveled. It was nice to hear someone say they knew and know in my heart that she really did know what we went through. The emotional ups and downs and the drama (if you will) of it all.

In our conversation I made a statement that I think is the very point for and of this blog and for me and other out there on a journey that seems rough. That statement I made was: "There is hope in everything, even if you don't like the outcome."

The truth that follows through that is deeper than any ocean put on this earth. There is hope in anything (even in the bad things) as long as we remain open to it. For once we close the door on hope we put our selves and our lives in danger of floundering in a place that we could never get out of.

My hope in all of this? That one day, someone will come into my life that will love and care for Ethan as much as Christopher did and yet at the same time understand that he can't replace him and when Ethan asks about his dad - to respond, "I didn't know him, but I knew he was a great man." That they would love and understand where I have come from and that there will always be a place in my heart for Christopher.

I will always carry around the hope that Christopher's story lives on longer than my-self and that I will always be open to share his story with others going through something similar. I will try my best to give those who need it the most the hope that everything can be ok even in the darkest of circumstances.

What is it you out there hope for?

1 comment:

Bobrobyn said...

Denise, you had me in tears reading this. I had heard Chris has passed and I just couldn't imagine what you were going through. I'm glad to see your strength. Ethan is a blessing and you are an amazing mom who keep Chris' memory alive. Bless you dear!!