Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Chemo: Round VII

I'm a little behind on the blogging, work has picked up with clients trying to spend the rest of their budgets for the holiday season. Christopher had his seventh round of chemo on Tuesday (I had it marked down for Monday, but they fooled me and changed dates on me). Dr. Kirby said Christopher had great coloring (sometimes people look pale and weak the longer they are on chemo) and that he also looked well rested.

Christopher also told the doctor about his new job and what it would be entailing and Dr. Kirby told him "more power to you." My personal thoughts are that every time Christopher goes in Dr. Kirby expects Christopher to have hit rock bottom, that the chemo will catch up to him at some point - and yet Christopher amazes him every time. (thank you everyone for your prayers)

Everyone keep those prayers up - October 16th Dr. Kirby has scheduled another CT scan to see how the shrinkage is going. We are hoping for some more good news! Christopher has said these past few days that he has had allot more energy - I don't know if it is from the excitement over his new job or that the cancer is leaving his body and helping him feel better!

Speaking of his new job, Christopher had his first week at it and he loves it so far. The people are great and they are very understanding of his situation. Christopher has met two people at this company who both fought and beat some form of cancer, a true inspiration for him. And I can't help but this that this job path had been played out for him from the get go - God works in wonderful ways.

Sorry this posting is so random and all over the place - I need to get back to work, but I wanted to let everyone know that chemo went well this week!

No comments: