Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Almost there

In about 8-10 weeks I will be severing a tie...to my hair that is. When we were told Christopher had cancer, I sat down long and hard about how I could help others with cancer. I wanted to do something that most people couldn't do.

I'm not one of those people who has had the same hair cut for as long as they can remember - I think in the 7 years Christopher and I have been married, I have gone from long to short about 4 times. I'm lucky in the sense that my hair grows really quickly and allows me to grow my hair out from shoulder length to belt buckle length in about a year (and that includes trims every 8 weeks). SO I made up my mind and stared growing my hair for Locks of Love. I told my self that every 2 years I would make a donation. It takes 10" of hair for them to make a wig out of and I'm there right now, but I wanted to make sure I had enough for my new hair cut that I will be sporting here in a few months!

And after I enjoy that hair cut for a few months; I'll be back at it for my next donation in 2010! I'm so excited that I can do this for those children out there who lose their hair to treatments.

No comments: