Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Heart Goes Out...

Before we were told that Christopher had cancer and I would hear that someone had just been told that they had cancer; my first thoughts were always "oh, dear, I hope everything works out and I was blessed this was not something we had to go through".

Now when I hear that someone has been told they have cancer, my first thoughts are to cry for that family and person. I know the pain, the anger and the fear they go through. I also know the long road ahead of them. The worst, however, is to hear the loss of a loved one to cancer. It breaks my heart and makes me look at my family and life in a whole new light.

On Sunday, when we were all celebrating Father's Day, one dear family lost their Dad to cancer. I can't say I have met this family, I wish I could one day and tell them what an inspiration they are to me. Cindy (the wife) and I have emailed back and forth a few times and I have been trying to keep up Bill's treatments when I could. When I read the news I was shocked and so upset, I went home and hugged Christopher and told him I loved him more than he will ever know.

This family is now trying to adjust to life without Dad and I'm asking for all those who read living strong; please read about the Freeman's and if you can - please help this dear family.

1 comment:

wfcarefund said...

Father's Day with The Father was the greatest gift Bill could receive. Stay strong The Lord Never Falters or Fails us and NEVER do we go till our allotted days from the Father are complete and done. My prayer for you is that those days will be complete and long, each one filled with more joy than the one before.

From Glory To Glory and Strength to Strength.

Blessings
Cindy Freeman