Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chemo: Round (who knows)

Today was another chemo day and I have to say these days are so routine for us, I don't really remember life with out them. We finally got the results from the CT scan and there wasn't really any major news. The cancer seems to be staying put so to speak - no real shrinkage and no real growth. So Dr. Kirby will keep Christopher on the same chemo routine (there was talk at his last treatment of a possible change in drugs).

In two weeks they will take Christopher's CEA numbers again (I'm very interested in seeing what those are). And we did have two rather good news fronts. The first being that Christopher gained 5lbs since his last doctor's visit (now weighing in at 180lbs)! Now if I could just figure out a way to take a little bit of my weight and transfer it over to him - I would be set! :}

The other good news is Christopher's red blood cell count was up! Over the last month his red blood cell count was down and they were giving him shots to help boost it. Today his blood cell counts were up and no shot was needed!

And while I wrote this, I was listen to a song that had a section in it that I thought was fitting...

Now the story's played out like this
Just like a paperback novel
Lets rewrite an ending that fits
Instead of a hollywood horror

Nothin's wrong
just as long as
you know that someday I will

Someday, somehow
gonna make it allright but not right now
I know you're wondering when...

No comments: