Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ethan's New School

Recently, the dear sweet person who has been watching Ethan for almost the last two years, gave her notice that she would not be able to watch him any more. Her sister has been told she has cancer and will have surgery for it soon. With that being said, she and her family will be moving north to take care of her sister. My heart goes out to them during this time of the unknowing.

With that being said, I needed to find other care for Ethan. While I love the in-home approach, with Ethan's age I was thinking about moving him into some type of Pre-School. My neighbor Lauren who has her degree in early childhood development recommended Sunny Day's and I couldn't ask for anything better for this next step in Ethan's life. (Thank you so much Lauren for the suggestion!)

After a phone call and personal visit, I this place is going to do wonders for Ethan. It's an amazing place and I can't wait for Ethan to start. They only had one spot left in the 2 year old group (and while Ethan will be almost 3 when he starts, he can't move to the 3 year old group till he's potty trained completely). June 15th will be his first day of the Summer session and then in August he will start with the 3 year old group for the Fall session. They even have a speech therapist on staff who will work with him if they find that he needs a little help. This place just gives me the warm and fuzzes and I am so excited for him to start.

In the same vein, I'm also scared for him. He will lose the friends he made while at Janine's and everything is scary when it's new. I just hope he makes good friends while he's there.

For those interested Ethan will be learning about the basics and music and art (which is near and dear to my heart; so that was a plus) And the owner Mr Richard told me that by time he's at the end of his 3 year old class or the start of his 4 year old class - he will be able to read to me. That almost brought me to tears.

Here are some photos of the school!

This is the art room!


This will be Ethan's Room when he's 3.


The playground!


The computer room!


Every morning from 8:40 - 9am the kids have chapel service (this was a huge plus for me)!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yea!! I am so glad that it is going to work out! I think Ethan will love it. Kids are so much more adaptable than we give them credit for. I am so happy that you can have some peace of mind in your decision. :)