Sunday, February 22, 2009

He Has A Name

This weekend, like every weekend, I went out to visit Christopher. I go every weekend and sit and talk to Christopher; sometimes Ethan goes and sometimes he doesn't. All depends on his mood. I tell Christopher about the week we had, how much Ethan has grown, if anything exciting is going on with work and how I miss him.

This Saturday Ethan and I went out to see Christopher and I as I drove up I was over come with tears. Christopher had a name. His marker is up! It was the first headstone I ever designed (yes I designed it, the shape, the layout, even down the fonts) and hope it's the only one I will ever have to design for an extremely long time. It was so bitter sweet to see it. In one way I thought, "about freaking time" and in the other vein I thought, "wow, this makes it so much realer than before". Of course how it does make it any more real than the last 4 and half months I have no clue. But it did.

From time to time I still get cards from people letting me know that they are thinking of Ethan and I and it's still nice to know that there are people out there who care so much - even those people who only know us through this blog. My heart goes out to all of you all. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown me, Ethan and my family. It does make each day easier knowing you all are out there.

No comments: