Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Monday Update

I know everyone flocks to the blog to see how Christopher is doing, so I would thought I would share what the nurse told us yesterday.

On Saturday Christopher slept for most of the day and almost all day Sunday. This didn't really shock me because Christopher's doctor explained to me that this would happen and this would be the "end stages of the liver failing". Christopher would sleep more and more until the point that we could just not walk him up.

Rosemary, our nurse, came out Monday and suggested we get a hospital bed to make it easier for him to get in and out of. Christopher now weighs roughly 224lbs, but that's mostly fluid built up in his body. The bed would make it easier on him and us to get him to and from the bathroom and other parts of the house. The bed (as far as I know) will come some time today.

Christopher tells me daily he loves me and when he sees Ethan he says, "Hey, Booger". In his mind, he can still fight this. He told me last night that "if he just felt normal - he would be ok"

Thank you all again for your prayers and support,
Denise

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise,
I so wish there was something I could do or say that could lessen your pain, but I know that's not possible. But please know that Mike and I have prayed for you guys since last May when we heard and we so completely wanted to believe this would have a different ending. I admire your strength through all this this. It is a gift not only to Chris and Ethan, but to all how know you. I'm glad you are surrounded by such dear friends through all this... I'm sorry we can't be there for you. Our prayers are with you,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Denise,
I so wish there was something I could do or say that could lessen your pain, but I know that's not possible. But please know that Mike and I have prayed for you guys since last May when we heard and we so completely wanted to believe this would have a different ending. I admire your strength through all this this. It is a gift not only to Chris and Ethan, but to all how know you. I'm glad you are surrounded by such dear friends through all this... I'm sorry we can't be there for you. Our prayers are with you,
Jenn

Unknown said...

Big sis, Casey and I are thinking about you every day.

The biggest of hugs and prayers,
Carl

Unknown said...

Big sis,

Casey and I are thinking about you every day. Our biggest prayers and hugs.

Carl

Lauren said...

I know I have been caught up in the "to-do's" over the last few weeks, but I want you to know that I have continued to fervently pray for you guys. Some days I don't even know what to pray for other than strength and peace for you, Chris and Ethan. My heart aches for you daily and I wish every day that there was something I could "do" that would really change the situation. However, I hope you know that I will continue to be here for whatever you need me for- you know that you can call on me for anything (and I truly mean that). We love you guys-
L,M & A

Devine Photography said...

Denise,
Thank you for the updates. I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. I think of you constantly. I haven't called because I was scared of interrupting precious time with Christopher, but please, please if you need anything let me know.

Deanna