Sunday, October 19, 2008

One Week Ago...

This morning I woke up and asked God to help me get through today (one day at time). As I prayed I thought, one week ago today I lost my best friend, my soul mate, my love; Ethan lost a father, playmate, and best friend.

The days don't seem to get easier, but I try to stay busy to keep my mind off of things. Last week seemed to go by so easy, but then again there were things to plan, people to meet, it took my mind off of things.

Today's plan of attack: make it through the day.

I want to again thank everyone whom have helped me for the last month. Thank you Lauren and Mitzi for being there to help with things that I just could not handle. Thank You mom for being here this last month to help, Thank you Amber for showing me me that even though we are 1,000's of miles away - you love like you were across the street. Thank you Spring Creek BBQ for doing everything you did and to The Thomas Agency for everything they did for me. Thank you all for the dinners, cards, flowers, donations and kind words. Without any of you I don't know if I would have made it through this week.

Pax,
d

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be some time before things get easier my friend...this is your "time to mourn" as the Bible tells us. Just know that there are plenty of us out here ready to help you through this time in any way you need...ready and willing!

jen said...

I've been following your families story for a while now and just wanted you to know that I am praying for you all. You are an amazing woman and that beautiful baby boy is so blessed. Peace and love to you.