Friday, October 3, 2008

A Note From Denise

Two weeks ago I was called to pick Christopher up from work. It's crazy how everything can change with one phone call.

I have to say I'm married to one amazing man. We have had conversations that discuss life and death and it always ends up the same way - he puts his hand on my face and tells me I "don't have enough hope." In his mind even though his doctors have told him - there is nothing more they can do for him, he says he can beat it. He won't give up.

Christopher amazes me daily with outings that he wants to go on. (Yesterday we went to Costco.) And yes while after and outing he's tired and needs oxygen - I think in his mind it's a little battle won. Cancer has not kept him from what he wants to do.

We are so blessed to have the people we have in our lives. I think if I thanked everyone every day - I still would not thank you all enough.

Thank you all for everything you do and have done.
Pax,
-d

1 comment:

Lauren said...

It is our pleasure, we only wish we could do more.
Remember to hide the keys!! :)